Thursday, February 7, 2008

Forget the Summertime Blues


I don't know who out there is reading this, please leave me some comments if you are... but I am still here, and I am enduring one of the worst parts of any job hunt... the waiting. I have lost track of the number of jobs I have applied for in the last couple of months, but I can tell you how many I have gotten past the application stage with... zero... now I am not taking it personal, I know that in these times the applicants for positions outweigh the number of jobs, and I might not be the biggest Nancy Plosi fan (there is something about politicals people that rub me the wrong way) but she is right abut one things, we need Jobs, Jobs, jobs. Not just for me and my family, but all of my friends who are looking for work.... and let talk a little about working and the myths about work. First of all most people are more than willing to work... and by work I mean do the job, it's those who want more, who are greedy and can't just show up and do the job that make it awful for the rest of us... This is something that I have known for years, ever since I read Job Jumper by Thee Whiskey Rebel (which you can get at http://www.steelcagerecords.com/catalog/scb001.html). Not only did I know about it from reading this history of a working man, but I have seen it. Even the most enlightened workplaces seem to suffer from to many people who can't just do their jobs with out causinjg drama... so the waiting.. what can you do? really? right now I have some hours here and some hours there at my very part time jobs, but nothing solid, and that's why the waiting is so hard...

On the road is off the road for the moment, I need to have some time plan on where I would be headed next.... or simply recover from the Mardi Gras adventure. Right about now I think I would be looking to see gulf coast wandering towards Houston. Going to the beach and seeing the coast...