Thursday, June 16, 2011

26 Soundtracks: In Search of....


In Search Of... was a weird, low budget TV show that was produced in the late 70s and early 80s.  One of the things that made it creepy and even scary was the music, with it's odd edgy electronic sounds. Several years ago I ran across a copy of the soundtrack on LP and snatched up a copy. Over all it's a nice LP featuring mostly the kind of music that I recalled from the show.... only the main theme has been turned into a disco-tastic funky jam, that while fun and cheesy, is no replacement for the original.

Listening to the LP again, I am stuck at the strangeness and haunting feel of the tracks. I wonder what some of these would feel like remixed or covered by bands like Nine Inch Nails or Black Moth Super Rainbow. It's worth picking up if you find it for less than a couple of bucks, other wise I would pass on it.

No comments: