Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Nov 2009: Short Story month

Nov 2009: Short Story month

As previously mentioned on this blog, I took a break for reading full length novels to catch up on the stack of short stories collection I have kicking around. I fulfilled my one Hard Case Crime a month by listening to the Audio Book of The Colorado Kid by Stephen King. My one Donald Westlake a month came from reading a bunch of his short stories. I do have to note that I started out strong with the short stories, but faded at the end of the month when I got my hands on a copy of the Gimme Something Better: The Profound, Progressive, and Occasionally Pointless History of Bay Area Punk from Dead Kennedys to Green Day by Jack Boulware and Silke Tudor which I am still making my way though.


So what did I read this month? Here's the list:


From A Loud Humming Sound Came from Above by Johnny Strike

Night Flamers

Other Ports, Other Hells

From Expletive Deleted

Lucky Bastard by Jason Starr

Pearls by Reed Farrel Colman

Spit by Ken Bruen

Find Me by Anthony Neil Smith

From Guns of the West
Lay My Money Down by Bill Crider
Deadlock by James Reasoner
What Gold Does to a Man by Louis L'amour
Gunny by Bill Pronzini

From Riverworld and other stoires by Philip Jose Farmer

The Volcano

Henry Miller Dawn Patrol

Brass & Gold


From The Curious Facts Preceding My Execution by Donald Westlake

The Curious Facts Preceding My Execution

You Put on Some Weight

No Story

The Sincerest Form of Flattery

Devilshly

Sniff

Just One of those Days

Sweetest Man in the world


From Trouble is what I do by Rob Kantner

My Brothers Wife

Perfect Pitch

The Eye Went By

Sleeping Dogs Lie

The Forever Trip


Dec 2009? back to reading full length novels, I am going to try and hit a couple of Westlake/Stark books, along with at least part of the books that I had slated to be read in 2009 that I haven't gotten to yet-- and some other stuff.

No comments: