Tuesday, January 29, 2008

2 days in a row...

I don't know if most people out there know it, but for those of us who work weekends, or non traditional hours, the 2 days in a row off is the exception not the rule. Many of the 9 to 5'ers might think, well you just get your two days off in the middle of the week, but that's not the case, for the most part we get a day here and a day there.. I know that's the trade off for the kind of work that I do, and for not having to be somewhere from 9 to 5 every week day, but it wears on you, it grinds you down, and when you land on that magical 2 days off, at least for me, it's as if my body had been completely drained of all energy and with no desire to do much beyond sleep, stare at the wall and surf the net.... and that is my justification for doing next to nothing today... and for feeling like a slacker on the job hunt front... That said I have applied for one job today, and looked at the University of Michigan job site. There were not any new positions that grabbed my attention today, at least not for me.

I checked out the pulm market site, and was not advanced for any of the positions that I was interested in. It's a quandary, there are jobs that I know that I can do, and I have worked retail before (not that I want to spend the rest of my life working retail), but I have never held the position title that they are looking for. I don't want to lie and misrepresent my work history, but their on line system will not let apply for the jobs.

Ok, this is going to be a quick post all around, my goal is to do about 10 a month, and I think I have hit that for January.


On the Road... you know there is some big fest think going on in New Orleans... and I think I might be interested in checking it out..

No comments: