Sunday, January 6, 2008

No titles for young men

I have to admit that I am tired at the moment. It's feels like it's been a long day, a day where I spent 6 hours at my part time job. It was fine, I mostly drove around in the truck and listened to NPR. I'm not going to go into all that much detail about what I do at my jobs, most employers don't like you talking about work and I can't afford to anger anyone.... hell who can?
Anyway I just wanted to let all of you out there know about http://www.indeed.com/ which is stumbled on today. It's a site that finds job postings gathered from other sites.... meaning that you will find links to Monster.com (which in all honesty has been pretty useless to me in my various job hunts over the years), Manpower, Yahoo Hot Jobs along with jobs posted by companies on their own sites... for now It's going to be a regular stop on my job hunt..

Another traditional stop for the job seeker is the Sunday paper classifieds. I did pick up my local rag today, but I really haven't had a chance to sit and look through it. The last couple of times that I have looked the pickings have been very slim, it's Michigan what do you want? I plan to look at it tomorrow... at some point.... ok that's enough for today.

As for my daydream of a year on the road.. sundays are perfect for somethings... eating brunch, reading the paper, drinking coffee, visiting friends, and for traveling from place to place. I think that today would have been perfect for the second stop on my trip, driving from the Jacksonville I think that I would head to Savannah Ga. Now I have never been there, and I have no clue what is there that I want to see (and as I go on with this blog there are places that I have been to that I will write about and where I am going to mention and link to specific places of interest). I am sure that there are local beers to be drunk, and sights to see. Tonight, I would have done everything that I could to find myself in a hotel with HBO so that I could have watched the first episode of season 5 of The Wire... but I don't have HBO so I am going to have to just wait for DVD...

No comments: