Thursday, January 24, 2008

It's a going!

This past week has been pretty light on the job hunt, mostly because I have been working on a application for the Ann Arbor District Library. The question becomes why would I want to work there? Well several reasons, some of them that might seem a little dumb. First I dig the Library it's a big building filled with book, and now they even have dvds and music that you can check out. It's a place where people can gather and where there are community events. The AADL has several branches, 3 of which are fairly close to where I live, and the main branch is with in walking/biking distance (when the weather permits). I have come to see the library as a community recourse, with it's media collections, it's internet access, the library book sales and it's programs, and really I would like to be part of that system and team..... then there is the pay and the whole full time employment with benefits thing as well. I think that's enough about that, I don't want to jinx it...

On the Road. Honestly I would think that the trip though the south at this time of the year would be the lest exciting and eventful for me. Partly because I am chomping at the bit for spring and summer when I could revisit places in the north and northwest that I have been to before. When I last posted I noted that I would be headed west along the gulf coast toward Texas. I hope at this point that I would have just wandered to Mobile, AL and seen the sights. I don't really have a clue what is there, but I would just want to take a look. One place that I would like to check out is Battleship Memorial Park (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battleship_Memorial_Park) as I like that WWII stuff. I think it's that I see the Second World War as a time where things were mostly on track. I a lot of ways it was the coming together of people in the USA, and it helped lead the way to the world we live in with not only the bad stuff, but also the good.

Gotta run, more later.

No comments: