Friday, September 3, 2010

FFB: The Tall Dark Alibi by Carol Jerina

Lo' those many years ago, when as a High School student I would wander to the Community News Center book shop on the corner of Liberty and Division streets, brave the looks of the homeless hanging out at liberty plaza and spend my meager lunch money on paperbacks and gun magazines. I was sticking my toe into the world of crime fiction and flashy covers, and this one caught my eye.

I read it, and I held on to my copy for years, but I don't know that I could tell you really anything more about it. It was simply average and forgettable, a slice of paper that was trying to sell the TV series Moonlighting vibe in a book.

I kept looking for more books by Carol Jerina and none appeared at the Community News Center (which is now long gone of course), and the book, it's story and even the title faded from my mind. Now that I have done a little research it seems she was a romance writer, no wonder none of her other work ended up in the mystery section.

I held on to my copy of The Tall Dark Alibi for years, never reread it, and it went away in the purge of 2002 I think.

George Kelly is hosting this weeks Forgotten Books round up over at his site HERE

No comments: