Monday, May 4, 2015

Day Dream Albums- Eilen Jewell



Note: if you want to know what this is all about check out my intro post

 I am a fan of Eilen’s work and have been for a couple of years. I think she’s got a great dusty voice and knows how to mix the 50s rock, the country and the folk.. I have seen her play live a couple times and she also puts on a great show. She has a new record coming out at the end of this month…  it’s called  SUNDOWN OVER GHOST TOWN  and you can find out about it here…. http://www.signaturesounds.com/. You can find out about Eilen on the web at http://www.eilenjewell.com/


Ok on with the show, if I could pitch a bunch of songs to her for a covers album these are what I would go with…


Legal Weapon - Indigo Blue (no video found.. someone needs to get on that.)

Rank and File - I Went Walking 


Divine Horsemen - Tenderest Kiss

Jody Reynolds - Fire of Love


Jody Reynolds - Endless Sleep

Jet Black Berries - Color Of Your Name 

Drivin’nCryin - Saddle On The Side Of The Road

Blood on the Saddle - Steal You Away





The Groovie Ghoulies  -  Are You Passionate?

Cowboy Nation - Full Fathom 5
(No video…. What gives there’s next to nothing on this band and they are from an era where video equipment was pretty much everywhere… oh well)

that dog - Minneapolis

The Dark Fantastic - The Girl With the Cross in Her Car
(I think I like the Mark Pickerel solo version better but this is what I could find)

Townes Van Zandt - Silver Ships of Andilar

Thee Ultra Bimboos - Mars is Rising
(No video…. No video… were on a video rage..)

Dave Vanian and The Phantom Chords - Chase the Wild Wind

The Forbidden Dimension – Sinner Take All
(also no video… to bad… it’s a great song.. and there is a movie with the same title) 

The Troggs - Night of the Long Grass


now I am off to check out more Jody Reynolds and wait for the new album... 


Disclaimer: this is all a album I day dream about making, there is no plans or talks of any of this happening...

No comments: