Thursday, October 20, 2011

26 Soundtracks: Fast Track To Nowhere OST

Along with remaking the AIP films of the 50s and 60s, the Rebel Highway also included remakes of the music of the era. Roadracers featured Charlie Sexton’s cover of Race with the Devil and Girls in Prison featured the Jody Reynolds classic Endless Sleep as coved by Concrete Blonde and the music fits well with the films. As stand alone tracks they are a mixed bag, like any covers album. There are some standouts, Concrete Blonde has long been a favorite of mine, and I have developed a fondness for the Meat Puppets and their House of Blue Lights. I think over all it’s a solid album, that if you find it isn’t going to cost all that much and if you like these songs or bands you should enjoy.

Going back to my comments about the rebel highway series needing a reissue on DVD (wide screen if possible) or on Bluray, If I was going to do a boxset I think that I would add copy of the soundtrack, and if not a special feature on the music, at least a directory of all the songs used in the films.


C'mon Everybody by Iggy Pop
The House Of Blue Lights by Meat Puppets
Lights Out by  Los Lobos    
Endless Sleep by Concrete Blonde
Let The Good Times Roll by Neville Brothers
I'm Gonna Be a Wheel Someday by Sheryl Crow
Gene Vincent’s Race With The Devil by Charlie Sexton
I'm Walkin' by Blues Traveler    
Evil by The Wild Colonials    
Stroll by The Smithereens    
The Girl Can't Help It by Babes In Toyland    

No comments: