Saturday, November 16, 2019

2019 in the final weeks..

it's been a while.. a long while.. but I am still poking around the web.. my run at Love that Album podcast is coming to an end..  by my choice... and I have slowed down the youtube output, mainly do to time, energy and life commitments.

as we head into 2020, I hope that I can return to this blog more often.

I have been toying with the notion of a place that collects upcoming reissues of stuff..

with Valancourt Books  and their Paperbacks from Hell  ) 

Stark House Press and their reissues along with their Black Gat books

Hard Case Crime who has been in the reissue biz since their launch

the up coming  Library of Congress Crime Classics

it seems like the reissue of older forgotten work has started in full.

the recent Slate article on the work of Sci Fi/ Fantasy writer John M Ford  has gathered a fair amount of attention by people that pay attention to the overlooked, forgotten and out of print works.. shows to me that there is an interest in rediscovering that which has been out of sight and out of mind.

and this is just in the world of genre fiction.. there is still an interest in films, just look at the interest in the films that inspired Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, and of course the rediscovery of music that has been out of print continues as we see LP and digital reissues of that which has been lost, forgotten, overlooked and too often a head of it's time.

anyway.. I hope to have more to record here in the future.. if you stopped by to take a look, thanks and fell free to leave a comment..




No comments: